You can't please everyone


There are certain things that I have done in my career that people didn’t agree with. There are certain things that I am doing now that people don’t agree with. Do you know what? I don’t care.

You travel your road, and I’ll travel mine.

Social media has brought everyone so much “closer” that total strangers feel that they can stand in judgement of you – often with very few facts. I myself am guilty of this sometimes, and try my best to check my natural tendency to give an opinion.

We all need to remember that we all have different roads to travel in life, different reasons for doing the things we do, and we shouldn’t judge people by our own standards. I know that this isn’t easy.

However, for those people who are hearing those dissenting voices, this is me giving you the permission to tell them where to go. Have the courage of your convictions. Life is too short, cut the naysayers loose, leave them in your wake without a second thought. Your life is yours to lead and yours only. You will only learn from your mistakes if they were yours to make. If you don’t remember why you did something in the first place (or because someone said so), then what is there to learn?

If you are cowed by the opinions of others, what sort of life is that?

I try to be a nice woman as much as possible. I try to make good decisions in life – for myself and those around me. I have my own interests at heart, of course, we all do, but if I have the chance to go out of my way to help someone else, I will.

However, the moment that someone tries to tell me that I “shouldn’t” be doing this or I’m “not allowed to” do that…. Well, I’ll think about it for a second, but mostly they will be consigned to the “speak to the hand” part of my brain.

Maybe that is arrogant – sometimes I can be a little arrogant, but actually, it is how I survive.

You can’t please everyone. Accept it and move on with your great life!

Comments

Popular Posts